Tuesday, November 9, 2010

My last resort!

I am quite disappointed in myself and I plan to make a change here today.

I had a baby on June 19, 2010. She is an amazing little girl and I love her more than anything.
However, before Tahlia I was maintaining a weight of 150 lbs. (Normally I would exaggerate those numbers to be a much smaller one!)  I am being honest, even though it may be a little humiliating. I am 5' 8" and the smallest I have been was 143 lbs and that was 2 years ago.

During my pregnancy I gained 43 pounds and weighed in at a whopping 193 lbs! I was so afraid to break the 200 mark, or weigh more than Chad (husband)! After I had Tahlia, I began dropping the weight rather quickly; I was down to 165lbs in no time. Slowly the weight has stopped decreasing in numbers and started increasing. I weighed in last night at 171 lbs, which explains my disappointment.

This blog is my last resort. Publicly displaying my weight and potential progress for the entire internet world to see leaves me vulnerable and open to failure.

My goal is to drop 21 lbs, and hopefully within the next 6 months. I will blog once a week (hopefully every Tuesday) I will officially weigh myself in on Monday’s @ 7:59pm (right before Gossip Girl!) I will post my weight every week for the next 6 months or until I reach my goal of 150 lbs.

Is it hard for you to lose weight?
What do you do to reach your weight loss goals?
What is your favourite healthy recipe?

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Erin, I have NO DOUBT that you will be able to reach your goal! I too am 5'8 and my "normal" weight range was 145 lbs. When I got prego with Solen, I wanted to see if I could reach 200 lbs (which I didn't, weighed in at 191 lbs) but the weight loss afterward was hard...I finally got back down to 150 and then Mike inpregnated me again!!! (haha)...this time, when I gave birth to Beau, I weighed in, like you, at 193 lbs. I saw pics of myself around 7-8 weeks ago and I was stunned at the look of myself!!! ( i was weighing in at 169 lbs), So, that is when my weight loss journey began. So far, I've lost 14-15 lbs (last weigh in I was 153.4). What I've done to get there (and hopefully keep going to 140 lbs) is eat right!!! I eat all my fruit (2-4 servings) before 3pm, eat my carbs (2-3 servings) by noon, and eat three proteins a day (usually eggs, chicken, fish, beef, or I can get one protein through nuts...raw almonds usually). I also eat a couple of dairy products a day (yogurt, glass of milk...or whatever you like) and eat LOTS OF VEGGIES!! I like raw veggies, so I snack on those quite a bit...I try to eat mainly green, but will eat anything. Anyhoo, I don't really have any "favorite" recipes, I just cook...but a good supper is " 7 layer supper"...this is a layer of potatoes, layer of onions, layer of carrots, layer of peas or green beans or whatever, layer of cooked ground beef and top with a can of tomato soup mixed with a 1/4 cup of water. Back at 250 for 2-3 hours. This is low fat, healthy and DELICIOUS!! Mike LOVES this meal. Anyway, I'll be checking in to see how you are doing...good luck...I think you will make it BEFORE six months!!! And, SORRY ABOUT THE LONG POST...I'm a rambler!! haha...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the reply Pam :)
    153.4 lbs is AMAZING!!!!!!
    I have never heard of the 7 layer meal and will definitely be trying it out!
    Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, first of all, I like that you're committed to make a change! But, second, Erin...I know you hear this everywhere...but it's only a number on a scale. I haven't stepped on a scale in over 7 months (and am actually quite scared to), but I think if you just practice by exercising, eating write, and committing to the blog, you can drop the weight without having to live by the scale.

    I think I was more frustrated when I knew my weight because you set yourself up for disappointment if you're not where you want to be. You are amazing ANYway!! But I'm also excited to read your blog! Maybe we can do a group workout at our get together!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete